Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

We had a great Mother's Day here in Michigan! Dustin and the girls were so sweet to me today and made me feel really special. Right when each of the girls woke up, they staggered to me and hugged me and said "Happy Mother's Day." So precious!

Here are the two beautiful girls who call me Mommy. Macy "agreed" to wear a smocked dress since it's Mother's Day and she knows I like smocking.
We took a few pictures outside before we walked over to the church building. It was chilly and windy here this morning.
After church, they took me to my favorite Mexican restaurant for lunch.
When we got home, the girls gave me the homemade cards they had "secretly" made for me. Bailey was especially proud to give me the one she made. Bailey is into typing "messages" for people on the computer. We open a Word document and just let her type. Then, of course, we save it and think how wonderful it is. Well, in keeping with the current trend, Bailey had also typed me a message that Daddy printed out.
After I looked at my cards, I received the biggest surprise of the day. I totally wasn't expecting anything at all since we're going to Disney World next week. We had agreed when we booked the trip that it would be a combo celebration for Dustin and the girls' birthdays and Mother's Day. So, I was shocked when they brought up from the basement my new Dyson vacuum cleaner!! I've wanted one of these for a long time, and my current vacuum is on its last leg, but I never thought I'd be getting a new Dyson today!
It was a great day! Here are a few shots of the girls before church services tonight.
Part of the girls' Mother's Day surprise for me was to hide in Macy's closet and jump out and scare me when I opened the door. It worked! And they thought they were so sneaky.And here's a brief message from the girls for Mimi. Happy Mother's Day, Mom!



J

1 comment:

Becky Lollar said...

Gorgeous pics!! ANd I just LOVE your new blog background--very pretty!!