Thursday, July 3, 2008

Got any gopher wood?

We might be building an ark soon...unless the plumber we called to our house at about 12:30 a.m. can fix the clog in the sewer line that's causing the basement to flood! Yep, we're having a flood right now. I sent Macy to the basement at about 11:30 p.m. (yes, she was still up) to put her dirty clothes in the hamper. She came running back up hollering that the basement is flooded. I thought she was exagerating at first, since we have been having some water come in during all of the heavy rains we've been having. I went down there and looked just to be sure, and she was right. Most of the basement floor had standing water that was almost up to my ankles! And it stunk. Yuck! I yelled for Dustin to come down (a lot of good that's gonna do, ha) and he kinda just stood there with a stunned look on his face. It didn't take us long to realize that the water was coming UP from the drains in the basement floor...not going down the drain like it's supposed to. We watched it for a little bit while waiting on the plumber to call us back. By the time he got here (about an hour later), the flood was considerably worse. Ugh. Have I mentioned yet how much I hate basements?

Anyway, the plumber is here now.

J

No comments: